Scope and editorial policy
Archivos Argentinos de Pediatria is the official publication of the Sociedad Argentina de Pediatría (SAP) and has been continuously published since 1930.
The contents include original research, brief communications, clinical case presentations, updates, pediatric practice, consensus and guidelines of the Panels and Committees of the SAP, comments on selected articles published in the current medical literature, special articles, letters to the editor and others. Archivos Argentinos de Pediatria is a peer reviewed scientific journal. Original articles, special articles, brief communications, clinical case presentations and others are reviewed by at least two independent reviewers. The identity of authors and reviewers are kept confidential.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
Archivos Argentinos de Pediatría requirements are in accordance with the “Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals” produced by the International Committee of Journal Editors (see Rev Panam Salud Pública 2004, 15 (1) :41-57).
Writing: Manuscripts should be written with word processor (MSWord.doc), double-spaced (including abstracts, references and tables), with font Arial 11. The pages must be numbered from the cover on the right side of the footer.
First page or cover. Include:
Title: in Spanish and English. It should be concise, without abbreviations and according to the manuscript content.
Author (s) name (s) and surname (s), academic degree (Dr., Mr., etc.), institutional / s affiliations (name, address and telephone number).
Participation of each author in the study. To have authorship status, each author must meet all the following conditions:
Contributors who do not meet the three criteria for authorship should be listed in the acknowledgments section.
When a manuscript is written by a group, the corresponding author must indicate the order of mention and identify all the individual authors and the name of the group. The group members who do not meet the criteria for authorship should be cited in Acknowledgments.
In the case of multicenter studies, researchers who did not intervene directly in the manuscript preparation should be included as participating investigators in Acknowledgments or in a paragraph at the end of the cover page.
If the statement of authorship is not clear enough, editors can apply directly to the responsible author or others, the full compliance of the conditions listed.
• Grammar and style. It is necessary to respect the rules of the Spanish language and to use an appropriate scientific information style. It is recommended to carefully review the wording and style before submitting the manuscript, if possible with someone specially trained for such work.
• Abbreviations and acronyms. Should be limited to a minimum and only to those commonly accepted; there is evidence that its overuse difficult article reading. The spelled-out abbreviation followed by the abbreviation in parenthesis should be used on first mention. In single words should not be used acronyms (e.g. antibiotic ATB). Neither Title nor Spanish Summary should contain abbreviations (can only be used in situations strictly required). In the English Summary can be used acronyms that are usual in publications in that language. Abbreviations in tables, charts or figures should be clarified at the foot or the entry, even if they are already mentioned in the text.
• Acknowledgments. It may include individuals or institutions that have collaborated in some way. Keep a sober style and list them on a separate page after the manuscript text.
• References. Should be numbered consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text, in the style proposed by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) in "Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals" in October 2008 (www.icmje.org/ ) and Rev Panam Salud Pública 2004, 15 (1) :41-57 (in Spanish).
We recommend consulting National Library of Medicine’s Citing Medicine for information on its formats for a variety of reference types. (http://www .nlm.nih.gov / citingmedicine).
References should comply strictly the guidelines contained in the following examples:
a. Medical Journals
Salhab WA, Wyckoff MH, Laptook AR, Perlman JM. Initial hypoglycaemia and neonatal brain injury in term infants with severe fetal acidemia. Pediatrics 2004; 114:361-6.
In articles with more than four authors, after the fourth will be placed "et al".
Bradley Him Medical and surgical management. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 1982, 72-95.
c. Chapter in book
Stanley F, Blair E, Alberman E. How common are the cerebral palsy? In Bax MC, Hart HM, eds. Cerebral palsy: epidemiology and causal pathways. London, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press, 2000:22-39.
d. Journal article published online
Moreno-Perez D, Peláez M. Chaffanel Antipyretics, parents and conclusions pediatras.Tenemos for everyone? Evid Pediatr. 2006; 2:16. [Available at: http://www.aepap.org/EvidPediatr/numeros/vol2/2006_numero_2/2006_vol2_ numero2.2.htm]. [Accessed: June 21, 2006].
e) Internet Sites
PAHO / WHO. Health Situation in the Americas: Basic Indicators 2005. Washington DC, 2005. [Available at: http://www.paho.o rg / Spanish / dd/ais/IB-folleto-2005.pdf.] [Accessed: June 21, 2006].
• Tables, graphs and figures. They should be submitted each on a separate page, and numbered with Arabic numerals. Will have a title at the top, next to the number and a caption at the bottom. The units of measurement should be referred in the text, tables, and figures.
• Photographs. Anonymity should be guaranteed in case of patients photographs. Written permission from the patient or parents is required for publication.
The captions or headings are written on a separate page, consecutively numbered. Digital images must be legible and printed at a resolution no less than 300 dpi, with a. Jpg. If in doubt, consult with the editorial office.
Manuscripts are to be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. In the "Subject", place the legend "Manuscript to Archivos Argentinos de Pediatria." In the body of the message indicate the manuscript title and name of first author.
The files attached, all in MSWord format (. doc), must include:
The manuscript prepared according to the instructions outlined below, with the name of first author as the document name.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
2014 Sociedad Argentina de Pediatría
Av. Coronel Díaz 1971/75
(C1425DQF) - Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Tel./Fax: (+54 11) 4821-8612/2318
SciELO Argentina URL: http://www.scielo.org.ar/scielo.php?script=sci_serial&pid=0325-0075&lng=en&nrm=iso