SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.104 número4Evaluación de la inteligencia en bebés argentinos: Escala Argentina de Inteligencia SensoriomotrizEvaluación de las ecografías renales prenatal y posinfección, en niños pequeños con un primer episodio de infección urinaria índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados

Revista

Articulo

Indicadores

  • No hay articulos citadosCitado por SciELO

Links relacionados

  • No hay articulos similaresSimilares en SciELO

Compartir


Archivos argentinos de pediatría

versión impresa ISSN 0325-0075versión On-line ISSN 1668-3501

Resumen

CAROLI, Paula L  y  NAVIA, Marcelo J. Presencia del padre en la consulta pediátrica. Arch. argent. pediatr. [online]. 2006, vol.104, n.4, pp.325-327. ISSN 0325-0075.

Introduction. Historically, only mothers used to accompany their children to pediatrician consultation. Objective. This study intended to determine how frequently the father was present in the pediatric consultation. Population, material and methods. This is a descriptive crossover study performed at the Hospital Escuela de la Universidad Abierta Interamericana of Buenos Aires. All the consultations performed on Saturdays from April to July, 2004 were analyzed. The following data were recorded: age and sex of the children, the person who carried them to the office, type of consultation, social security, frequency of fathers presence, and wherever the mother was assent, the reasons for such absence. It was analyzed whether the fathers presence was related their children age, sex or type of consultation. Results. 209 visits were analyzed. 109 females, 100 males, aged between 1 month to 15 years old (median 2 years). 185 were urgencies (88.5%) and 24 were scheduled (healthy child visits) (11.5%). Only the mother was present in 113 consultations (54%), both parents were present in 75 (36%), and only the father was present in 16 (8%). From the 91 fathers present, 57 (63%) regularly attended with their children, while the remaining 34 (37%) attended occasionally. 6/16 fathers who attended alone (37.5%) said that the mother was absent because she was caring of other children; 6 (37%) the mother was working; 2 (12.5%) the mother was ill, and she was pregnant in the other 2 cases (12.5%). The fathers presence in the pediatric consultation was not related with the age or sex of their children, but it was more common in emergency consultations (OR 3.3, CI 95% 1.1-10.5). Conclusions. The fathers presence in certain pediatric settings may be relatively frequent, especially in unscheduled visits.

Palabras clave : Consultation; People attending; Pediatric primary care.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )

 

Creative Commons License Todo el contenido de esta revista, excepto dónde está identificado, está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons