SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.16 issue2Características de los pacientes desvinculados de la ventilación mecánica invasiva: Un estudio multicéntricoHeterogeneidad en los fenotipos inflamatorios de los pacientes con EPOC: rol del recuento celular diferencial en esputo author indexsubject indexarticles search
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand




  • Have no cited articlesCited by SciELO

Related links

  • Have no similar articlesSimilars in SciELO


Revista americana de medicina respiratoria

On-line version ISSN 1852-236X


MAZZUCCO, Matías R et al. Fenotipos de disfunción crónica del injerto pulmonar: experiencia de un centro de referencia. Rev. am. med. respir. [online]. 2016, vol.16, n.2, pp.120-127. ISSN 1852-236X.

Introduction: Lung Transplantation is a valid therapeutic option for end-stage lung diseases. The survival is related to the development of chronic graft dysfunction, which occurs in 50-55% of patients at 5 years after transplantation. The phenotypes of chronic rejection are bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome and restrictive syndrome. Main objective: Describe our experience in patients with different phenotypes of pulmonary chronic graft dysfunction. Secondary objective: Identify the CT fndings and clinical differences which distinguish the different phenotypes of pulmonary chronic graft dysfunction. Materials and Methods: We proceeded to review and analyze the medical records of all patients with lung transplant and suspected pulmonary chronic graft dysfunction. The clinical manifestations and spirometry parameters or histological diagnosis of chronic rejection were registered. Results: The study included 359 lung transplants performed in 21 years. Pulmonary chronic graft dysfunction diagnosis was established in 59 patients (16.4%). Bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome was present in 93% of these patients; restrictive syndrome was present in the remaining 7%. The highest percentage of lung transplant patients who developed pulmonary chronic graft dysfunction took place at 3 years after surgery (31%) and the median time to death from diagnosis was 2 years. None of our patients presented reversibility of bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome after treatment with azithromycin. Re-transplantation was performed in 7 (12%) of the 59 patients with pulmonary chronic graft dysfunction.

Keywords : Rejection; Dysfunction; Chronic; Transplant; lungs.

        · abstract in Spanish     · text in Spanish     · Spanish ( pdf )


Creative Commons License All the contents of this journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License