1) Población & Sociedad considered “articles” unpublished research studies and/or original ideas in the wide field of Social Sciences.
2) Articles must not exceed thirty pages A4, written in one side, space and a half (about 3000 characters with space per page) including notes, charts, graphs, appendix. Abbreviations should be consistent and easily identifiable. If necessary include a list at the end with the meaning of each.
3) The text should include a problem/question, state of art, methods and results.
4) Notes will be incorporated at the end of the text. We recommend the use of the tool “Endnotes”.
5) Reference to primary sources should be included in the endnotes.
6) Use the systems (author, year: page/s) for bibliographic references.
7) Bibliography should be listed at the end of the article, in alphabetical order, as the follows:
Books: Duby, Georges (1981). El caballero, la mujer y el cura. España: Taurus.
Book’s chapters: Ginzburg, Carlo (1983). “Señales, raíces de un paradigma indiciario”. En: Gargani, Aldo (comp.) Crisis de la razón. Nuevos modelos en la relación entre saber y actividad humana. México: Siglo XXI, pp. 55-99.
Articles: Gordillo, Gastón (2010). “Historia de los bosques que alguna vez fueron pastizales: la producción de la naturaleza en la frontera argentino-paraguaya”.Población & Sociedad, Tucumán, 17, pp.59-79.
Digital articles: Lodewijkx, Hein (2001 - Mayo 23). "Individual-group continuity in cooperation and competition under varying communication conditions". Current Issues in Social Psychology 6 (12), pp. 166-182. Consultado el 14 de Septiembre de 2001 desde http://www.uiowa.edu/~grpproc/crisp/crisp.6.12.htm
8) Short quotations of two lines or less (forty words) may be incorporated in the text using quotation marks to indicate. Longer quotations shall be separated by a space and shall be tabulated from the left. Here there is no need to use italics or quotes.
9) Articles need a summary in Spanish and in English, up to 700 characters, and up to six key words also in Spanish and English.
10) Graphs, charts and maps should complement and clarify the text. Please indicate at the top the number (e.g. Table 2) followed by the title. At the bottom indicate the sources and authors. All artworks must be made fitting to be published in a single color. Grayed out if included, they must be hatched. Should be noted that the journal box is 108 by 167 mm.
11) A copy of the text shall be sent to Instituto Superior de Estudios Sociales - San Lorenzo 429 - (T4000CAM) San Miguel de Tucumán - Tucumán - Argentina, without the information of the author/s, accompanied by the complete data from the author/s (name, academic filiation, postal address, phone, fax, and e-mail). The same sheet should include a short CV up to seven lines. An electronic version of the text should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
12) If there is more than an author, must be acknowledge which one is the principal.
13) All articles will be evaluated by external referees, whose identity is preserved. The referees are two, except in case of conflicting arbitration that there will be a third opinion. The identity of the author/s also be preserved during the evaluation process. 14) The author/s shall send a copyright form (see the webpage).
1) "Notes" are short essays, not necessarily based on primary sources.
2) Maximum length for notes is ten sheets similar to those of the articles (about 3000 characters with space per page).
3) Notes will be reviewed by the Editor Board.
4) An electronic version should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
1) Población & Sociedad regards as “Notes” those short essays either in Spanish or English which do not necessarily comply with the requirement of being based on primary sources.
2) The maximum length for notes is ten pages DIN-A4, written on one side only and at one and a half spacing (about 3000 characters with spaces per page). This limit includes charts, notes, graphics and appendix. Abbreviations should be coherent and easily identifiable. If necessary, a list of abbreviations with their corresponding meaning should be included at the end.
3) Contributions to this section should follow norms 5-14 listed in the “Articles” section. In this case, it is suggested that the fewer possible notes and bibliographical references be used.
4) The notes will be assessed by Población & Sociedad Editorial Board.
5) An electronic version of the notes should be sent through Publicaciones Científicas y Técnicas Portal (PPCT) CAYCIT – CONICET at the following site
You should also attach a file with the following information: title of the note, personal information of the author/authors (name, institution he/she belongs to, home address, phone number and e-mail address where you can be contacted). You should include a not more than seven line CV in Spanish containing references to the field of work of the author/authors and to works related to the topic. Once registered, you will be able to track the evaluation procedure, on-line. Remember the Portal has been implemented to offer an editorial support service to those responsible for Argentinian scientific and technical publications and to guarantee transparency and privacy.
If you were unable to send the note through this Portal you should contact the following addresses firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
1) Contributions to this section, either in English or Spanish, should not exceed 6000 characters (with spaces). The word count includes notes and bibliographical references, if you need to include them.
2) The title of the book reviewed and its author(s), editorial, place/ year of publication and number of pages should be stated at the very beginning of the article. The name of the author of the review and the Institution he/she belongs to must be stated at the end.
3) The reviews must be brief, analytical texts stating the main hypothesis and contribution to knowledge made by the book reviewed.
4) The notes, bibliographical references and bibliography should be included following the specifications in 5, 6, 7 and 8 of the “Articles” Section
5) An electronic version of the review should be sent to the following addresses firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
1) Contributions to this section (summaries of dissertations, master’s thesis or specializations), either in English or Spanish, should not exceed 6000 characters (with spaces). The word count includes notes and bibliographical references, if you need to include them.
2) Summaries should state, at the very beginning, the thesis full title, name of its author, type (master’s, doctoral, specialization) Institution where the dissertation defense was held, date, Advisor’s full name (co- advisor’s name if there is one).
3) General and specific aims, hypothesis, methodology, kind of sources used and contribution to scientific knowledge should also be stated.
4) Notes, bibliographical references and bibliography should be included and they should follow the specifications in 5, 6, 7 and 8 of the “Articles” Section
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
2014 Instituto Superior de Estudios Sociales
San Lorenzo 429
(4000) San Miguel de Tucumán
Tel.: (54 381) 4977481/4975681
firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
SciELO Argentina URL: http://www.scielo.org.ar/scielo.php?script=sci_serial&pid=1851-5657&lng=en&nrm=iso