1) Población & Sociedad considered “articles” unpublished research studies and/or original ideas in the wide field of Social Sciences.
2) Articles must not exceed thirty pages A4, written in one side, space and a half (about 3000 characters with space per page) including notes, charts, graphs, appendix. Abbreviations should be consistent and easily identifiable. If necessary include a list at the end with the meaning of each.
3) The text should include a problem/question, state of art, methods and results.
4) Notes will be incorporated at the end of the text. We recommend the use of the tool “Endnotes”.
5) Reference to primary sources should be included in the endnotes.
6) Use the systems (author, year: page/s) for bibliographic references.
7) Bibliography should be listed at the end of the article, in alphabetical order, as the follows:
Books: Duby, Georges (1981). El caballero, la mujer y el cura. España: Taurus.
Book’s chapters: Ginzburg, Carlo (1983). “Señales, raíces de un paradigma indiciario”. En: Gargani, Aldo (comp.) Crisis de la razón. Nuevos modelos en la relación entre saber y actividad humana. México: Siglo XXI, pp. 55-99.
Articles: Gordillo, Gastón (2010). “Historia de los bosques que alguna vez fueron pastizales: la producción de la naturaleza en la frontera argentino-paraguaya”.Población & Sociedad, Tucumán, 17, pp.59-79.
Digital articles: Lodewijkx, Hein (2001 - Mayo 23). "Individual-group continuity in cooperation and competition under varying communication conditions". Current Issues in Social Psychology 6 (12), pp. 166-182. Consultado el 14 de Septiembre de 2001 desde http://www.uiowa.edu/~grpproc/crisp/crisp.6.12.htm
8) Short quotations of two lines or less (forty words) may be incorporated in the text using quotation marks to indicate. Longer quotations shall be separated by a space and shall be tabulated from the left. Here there is no need to use italics or quotes.
9) Articles need a summary in Spanish and in English, up to 700 characters, and up to six key words also in Spanish and English.
10) Graphs, charts and maps should complement and clarify the text. Please indicate at the top the number (e.g. Table 2) followed by the title. At the bottom indicate the sources and authors. All artworks must be made fitting to be published in a single color. Grayed out if included, they must be hatched. Should be noted that the journal box is 108 by 167 mm.
11) A copy of the text shall be sent to Instituto Superior de Estudios Sociales - San Lorenzo 429 - (T4000CAM) San Miguel de Tucumán - Tucumán - Argentina, without the information of the author/s, accompanied by the complete data from the author/s (name, academic filiation, postal address, phone, fax, and e-mail). The same sheet should include a short CV up to seven lines. An electronic version of the text should be sent to:
12) If there is more than an author, must be acknowledge which one is the principal.
13) All articles will be evaluated by external referees, whose identity is preserved. The referees are two, except in case of conflicting arbitration that there will be a third opinion. The identity of the author/s also be preserved during the evaluation process.
14) The author/s shall send a copyright form (see the webpage).
1) "Notes" are short essays, not necessarily based on primary sources.
2) Maximum length for notes is ten sheets similar to those of the articles (about 3000 characters with space per page).
3) Notes will be reviewed by the Editor Board.
4) An electronic version should be sent to: